Manually Send Your Log File
At times, we may request your Scan2CAD log file so we can assist you in troubleshooting an issue you may be experiencing.
Why would I need to manually send my log file?
Why would I need to manually send a log file?
Scan2CAD allows users to message support through the application and automatically attach the log file for troubleshooting purposes.
However, in some circumstances, you may be unable to send your message through the application due to blocking on corporate networks or internet connectivity issues.
In which case you can attach your log file to an email following the below instructions.
How do I manually send my log file?
- In the free trial welcome screen click the text link labelled ‘Need help? Contact us‘
- Complete the contact form and ensure that you keep the option enabled ‘Attach my log file to my message‘ and click ‘Send‘.
- If Scan2CAD is not able to automatically send your log file through the software, the application will ask you to save the file to your computer instead.
- Save the file to your computer and email Scan2CAD support with your log file attached.
What happens after I send my log file?
After emailing Scan2CAD Support with your log file we will respond within 24 hours to help you.
What if I can't launch the app?
In the unlikely event that you are unable to launch the app to access the splash screen you can find the log files in the following locations:
1. Navigate to %appdata%\..\Local\Temp\Scan2CAD
2. Send us the contents of this folder.
Note: If you’re not sure how to find the %appdata% folder, you can click Start, or the Cortana search icon in Windows 10 and type %appdata% in the search box.
- Please navigate to the folder located at ~/Library/Application Support/Scan2CAD
- Send us the contents of this folder
Note: If you don’t know how to locate the folder you can: Go to Finder click Go > Connect to Folder > paste the above file path in the field.