Installing an Update
This article relates to Scan2CAD v9. Updates in v10 and above are automatically managed in the software.
This article relates to installing a major update of Scan2CAD.
An example of a major update would be from Scan2CAD v8 to Scan2CAD v9. This is different to minor updates, for example v8.2.h to v8.3.c
These instructions are generic for all license types.
For instructions on installing specific license types please head over to the relevant article:
Your license details
You require your license details to install your upgrade. This includes an installation code and serial number.
You will have been provided your upgrade license details via email along with your install package when you purchased your upgrade.
If you purchased through a reseller please ask them for your license details if you don’t have them yet.
Installing an update
- As always, ensure you are running as Windows Administrator when installing software.
- Uninstall your previous installation of Scan2CAD using the Windows Add/Remove Programs Utility
- If you are running a Scan2CAD v8 network license, delete the Scan2CAD license file from your server (the Scan2CADv8.lic file)
- Download and install the new install package.
- When prompted please enter your new installation code and serial number and follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.